IMMUNOLOGY 2020™ Policy Statements
Attendees of IMMUNOLOGY 2020™ are expected to adhere to these policies.
The American Association of Immunologists (AAI) is committed to ensuring a safe and welcoming environment at AAI activities for all participants regardless of race, skin color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation/preference, age, military or veteran status, marital status, or disability.
Code of Conduct
AAI is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment adhering to the principles of integrity, civility, diversity, and respect. To that end, prohibited behaviors at IMMUNOLOGY 2020™ include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Physical assault (including unwelcome touching or groping)
- Unwelcome or uninvited attention or contact
- Real or implied threat of physical harm
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions
- Verbal or physical abuse of any person working on behalf of the meeting, including convention center, AAI, or contract staff
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation/preference, age, or disability
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images (including in presentation slides)
- Harassing photography or taking identifying photos of someone without his or her express permission
- Photographing or recording oral presentations and/or posters (except by presenting authors)
- Photographing or recording scientific or other sessions
- Disruption of scientific sessions or other events
- Inebriation or use of illegal substances at the meeting
- Entering the meeting area or sessions without registering or wearing a meeting badge
- Sharing or borrowing meeting badges
- “Crashing” an “invitation only” event AAI reserves the right to remove individuals, without refund, who have engaged in any of the above- described behaviors from all further activities at, or associated with, IMMUNOLOGY 2020™. Convention center security and/or police may be asked to intervene as is necessary. AAI reserves the right to bar offenders from future AAI-sponsored meetings or events.
Submission of an abstract to the AAI annual meeting constitutes a commitment by the author to present his or her data in the format assigned (poster, or podium and poster presentation). Podium presenters are also required to present a poster. Failure to present as assigned will result in the withdrawal of the abstract from publication. Authors who cannot be present at their assigned time(s) must formally withdraw their abstract(s) before February 17, 2020.
For details about abstract submission and presentation, visit our Abstracts Page.
Photography and Recording
AAI is committed to the respectful sharing of scientific research and data. Attendees are strictly prohibited from photographing and recording (audio or video) scientific sessions, including posters, unless they have the permission of the author. Violators will be asked to delete photographs or recordings and may risk expulsion from the meeting.
Please note: Authors are permitted to photograph their own posters.
Official photographs will be taken at IMMUNOLOGY 2020™. By registering for this meeting, you agree to allow AAI to use your photo in AAI publications, including the AAI website.