Friday, May 8, 2020
Friday, May 8, 2020 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm Room 312
Back to School: A Review of Four Fast-Moving Fields
Sponsored by the AAI Program Committee
- David Masopust, Univ. Minnesota, AAI Program Committee Chair
- Viviana Ferreira, Univ. of Toledo Col. of Med. and Life Sci.
- David Brooks, Princess Margaret Cancer Ctr., High-dimensional mass cytometry based immune profiling for basic research and cancer clinical trials
- Dorian McGavern, NINDS, NIH, The neuroimmunology of health and disease
- Beth McCormick, Univ. of Massachusetts, Best practices in analytical methods for studying the microbiome
- Michael Y. Gerner, Univ. of Washington, Quantitative imaging of the immune system
This workshop intends to bring a broad audience up-to-date on a few emerging or rapidly changing fields or areas of technological innovation. Expert lecturers will provide an overview of each trending topic with an emphasis on communicating big picture concepts.
Friday, May 8, 2020 4:00 pm – 4:45 pm
New Member Reception (By Invitation Only)
Sponsored by the AAI Membership Committee
AAI welcomes new Regular, Associate, and Postdoctoral Fellow members to meet each other at a relaxed gathering. Members of the AAI Membership Committee, AAI President Jeremy Boss, fellow Council members and Chairs from many of our committees will join new members for casual conversation and light refreshments.
(Badge and invitation required)
Friday, May 8, 2020 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
AAI President’s Address
Jeremy M. Boss
Emory Univ. Sch. of Med., AAI President
The regulation of immunity
Peter E. Jensen, Univ. of Utah
Friday, May 8, 2020 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm Rooftop Garden
IMMUNOLOGY 2020™ Opening Night Welcome Reception
Join us at the Opening Night Welcome Reception to celebrate the start of IMMUNOLOGY 2020™! Come directly from the President’s Address to the Hawai‘i Convention Center’s stunning 2.5-acre Rooftop Garden, which offers spectacular panoramic views of Honolulu. Reunite with friends, make new acquaintances, enjoy the beauty of Hawai‘i, and plan your week. Refreshments served.
Registered attendees only. Attendees must be 21 years of age or older.